About Boroughfare Home
The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely
Boroughfare Home believes in the power and influence of an inspiring, well-designed, organized home. Our homes can be a sanctuary, a place where we draw inspiration and strength. My blog offers projects for the home and garden that help create spaces that cheer us up, soothe our troubles, inspire our hearts, empower our minds, and strengthen our resolve to live a good life.
I’m a dreamer. A massively, impossibly big dreamer. Sometimes I just want to burst from all the ideas, interests, and curiosity swimming around in my head. If money were no object, I’d travel the world several times over, build my own theme park featuring theatrical productions of classic stories, create a show garden at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, and design my own Small Town, USA—right down to the lamplights on Main Street.
Of course, money is a reality, but that hasn’t stopped me from living my most cherished dreams: I have a comfortable home that I’m working to improve, a mountainside garden that warms my soul, a furry dog and finicky cat. More than that, and most importantly, I’m a mom to four awesome, ballroom-dancing kids, and a wife to an immensely talented husband who graciously helps me realize all my dreams (even when they cost a little money).
I believe, wholeheartedly, in the idea of home and every good thing that it implies. I’m all about the delicious memories made by our humble, unremarkable, every day experiences we have from living under the same roof. Creating a beautiful home & garden that offers sanctuary and inspiration to my loved ones is my top priority.
Interesting Facts About Me
- Three of my four children flew the coop this year, leaving us almost empty-nesters. Two daughters got married with two months of each other and my son graduated high school. It all happened so fast that my head is still spinning. How did my babies grow up so fast? I oscillate between feeling super old and a little passed over and feeling a surge of energy at the prospects of having time to pursue my own interests. It’s a bit of a roller coaster around here. 🙂
- I produced and organized a storytelling theatrical experience for the community for several years. Sharing great stories was my PASSION, but the production costs were enormous and my growing family demanded my attention so I had to close the doors and walk away. Someday maybe my dreams will come true. I’d love to see these inspiring stories come back to the stage.
- Disney is one of my biggest heroes. I tend to be greatly inspired by big dreamers and innovators.
- My husband and I work as a personal music copyists for Mack Wilberg and the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square. This means that I help create the sheet music used by the choir and orchestra. It’s a super cool and super tedious job. 🙂
- In my younger years I starred as the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in three different productions. It led me to meet my husband, get married, and have a family. I credit Joseph for jumpstarting my future life.
- I love, love, love traveling and seeing new things. I traveled to Europe for the first time this year. It was very exciting, but man, oh man, did the jet lag do a serious number on me. I thought I had a brain tumor—no kidding.
- My kids are ballroom dancers. So many sequins and rhinestones, so much gel and hairspray, and so many competition venues. Whoosh! But it’s so much fun!
- I’m a major fan of transforming homes and gardens into spaces that help individuals and families find sanctuary, beauty, and inspiration.
Join our tribe and never miss a project idea for your home and garden.
I am a relationship enthusiast who strongly believes love can change the world, one person at a time. I spend my days latin dancing, hanging out with my younger siblings, and seeking out the beauty in the world. I take pride in being classy, educated, and a well-blessed hot mess.